On Monday, the results of the public poll regarding the NFL national anthem protests and President Trump's sentiments toward it were released. The Remington Research Group conducted a survey with ten questions, each addressing a different aspect of the recent protests.
Here are the results:
The first two questions were regarding the popularity of President Trump v the popularity of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
1. What is your opinion of Donald Trump?
Favorable: 46% / Unfavorable: 47% / No opinion: 7%
2. What is your opinion of Roger Goodell?
Favorable: 12% / Unfavorable: 36% / No opinion: 52%
3. What is your opinion of the NFL?
Favorable: 37% / Unfavorable: 46% / No opinion: 17%
4. Now, just thinking about this year, have you watched more football or less football compared to previous years?
More Football: 19% / Less Football: 51% / About the Same: 30%
5. (For those who answered "less"): Why would you say you are watching less football this year?
Players using the NFL as a stage for their political views: 69%
New rules that reduce physical contact: 5%
There are too many games during the week: 6%
Games last too long: 2%
Pace of play is too slow: 2%
Something else/Unsure: 16%
6. Do you think NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem?
Yes: 64% / No: 24% / Unsure: 12%
7. Last week, Donald Trump said NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem. Do you think NFL players should stand and be respectful during the national anthem?
Yes: 64% / No: 25% / Unsure: 11%
8. On Sunday, a number of NFL players knelt during the national anthem in protest of Donald Trump’s statements, including players from your favorite team. Does this make you more likely or less likely to watch your favorite team’s games in the future?
More likely: 30% / Less likely: 50% / No difference: 20%
9. Do you support protesting during the national anthem at the beginning of NFL games, or is there a more appropriate place for players to protest?
Support: 31% / There is a more appropriate place to protest: 60% / Unsure: 9%
Q10: In the future, would you prefer to see more politics, less politics, or the same amount of politics during sporting events?
More politics: 7% / Less politics: 80% / Same amount: 13%
What do you think about these results? Were you surprised? Let us know your thoughts on Facebook. For other NFL news, the only Steelers player to stand for the national anthem on Sunday just spoke out. His comments are not what anyone expected.