Montgomery Gentry Makes Huge, Tear-Jerking Announcement About Band's Future After Death of Troy Gentry

america
December 07, 2017Dec 07, 2017

For fans of country music, the death of Troy Gentry was a heartbreaking shock. For years, Montgomery Gentry had chart-topping hits around the nation and were beloved by fans.

Now, since the passing of half the duo of the band, Eddie Montgomery is opening up about the bands future in a tear-jerking announcement. Eddie, and the rest of the band, have decided that the show must go on.

Apparently, Troy and Eddie had previously talked about what to do with the band if one of them was to die. According to Eddie, moving forward is what Troy would have wanted.

“We said to each other, ‘Hey, we want Montgomery Gentry to keep going,’” Montgomery says. “It’s weird, I always thought it was going to be me that went down first.”

https://twitter.com/WKYT/status/938113240269295619

Fans across the globe were shocked to learn of Troy's death in a helicopter crash this past September. In a recent interview with People Magazine, Eddie opened up about that tragic day.

“A little piece of my soul got lost there. It was a horrific day. My world changed as much as the band did. It’s something that you never get over. It’s going to be in my mind and my soul for the rest of my life," said Montgomery.

The band is set to kick off their new tour on January 19, 2018, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It is entitled "Here's to You" and will in part be a tribute to Troy. Please join us in continuing to pray for all of Troy's friends and family.

https://twitter.com/WISN12News/status/938237848850923520

Let us know your thoughts in the comments section of our Facebook page. Be sure to read our other breaking news article about the tragic death that just struck the Duck Dynasty family.

Next: 'Duck Dynasty' Stars in Mourning After Loved One Dies from CancerDec 05, 2017