One of the Seasons Hottest Toys in Question After Child Suffers Chemical Burns

america
December 18, 2017Dec 18, 2017

One of the seasons most popular toys might need to come with a serious warning. A mother is spreading the word after her daughter has suffered chemical burns from a toy that is sure to be on the Christmas lists of many. 

Jennifer Renee shared in a Facebook post that her daughter experienced the burns from a "Hatchimals" bath bomb. Renee said that just seconds after the bath bomb was placed in the water her daughter's skin began to hurt.

“PSA! Do NOT buy this for your children!” she wrote in her December 7 Facebook post. “Followed directions on package and placed in her bathtub. Thought it would be fun for her because there was a toy inside. After being in the water 30-45 seconds she stated her skin was hurting, upon looking she has received a chemical burn from a KIDS BATH BOMB.”

Renee went on to say, "I called the company and the batch number being investigated and is likely going to be recalled as numerous reports have been made (not all the burning reaction she got)."

The company, Spin Master, has said they are sad to hear about this and will further look into this incident. Currently, these products are still available for purchase. 

“We are saddened to learn about a young girl’s injuries,” read the statement. “That said, it would be premature to comment further on the situation until we learn more. We are working closely with the product’s licensee manufacturer and distributor to determine whether there are any product issues.”

What are your thoughts on this? Have you purchased any of these bath bombs? In other recent news, an ex-wife has just been charged in the murder of an NFL player. 

Next: Just In: Ex-Wife Charged in Murder of NBA PlayerDec 18, 2017