Kid Rock Reveals His Final Decision on Running for Senate

politics
October 24, 2017Oct 24, 2017

Over the summer, Kid Rock, singer of country/rock hit "All Summer Long," appeared to announce that he would be running for the Michigan Senate on his Twitter.

"I have had a ton of emails and texts asking me if this website is real… http://kidrockforsenate.com The answer is an absolute YES," wrote Kid Rock.

https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/885240249655468032

Everyone took him very seriously. Fox News said at the time that the Republican Party is considering having Rock run on the GOP ticket in 2018 against the incumbent Democrat, Debbie Stabenow. In February, Michigan GOP press officer Sarah Anderson told Fox News "that she was unaware if Rock would run for office in the state, but that she thinks it 'would be awesome' if he did."

Rock outspokenly endorsed Mitt Romney for president in 2012, and he told The Guardian in 2015 that he considers himself a Republican fiscally, but he leans towards the middle on social issues.

“I am definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues. I am no fan of abortion, but it’s not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don’t look forward to marrying gay people, but I’m not opposed to it,” Rock said.

He also endorsed President Trump during the 2016 election. He also visited the White House and President Trump in April.

However, Rock told Howard Stern that he’s definitely not running for U.S. Senate in Michigan. AP released the report. 

Kid Rock told Stern, “Are you kidding me?” during an expletive-laden interview Tuesday.

He’d been teasing the public for months about his possible run. Just last month, as a September 12th concert, Rock was introduced as Michigan’s “next senator” and talked about running for president.

However, AP says Kid Rock said his staff knew there wouldn’t be a run for office. He was just capitalizing off all of the free attention and press.

He says he told them, “Let’s roll with it for a while.”

What do you think about his admission that he ran with the story for press? Let us know in the comments. 

In other news, U.S. generals say new information has emerged about the ambush in Niger. 

Next: New Details Emerge from Niger Ambush, Top US Generals SayOct 24, 2017