Harvey Weinstein May Soon be Behind Bars, NYPD Indicates

america
November 03, 2017Nov 03, 2017

The outing of Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein as an alleged sexual harasser and abuser has shaken up the Tinseltown industry far more than anyone could have predicted. Every day, it seems, a new actor or industry bigwig is getting accused by others in Hollywood of being a predator.

Actor and producer Ben Affleck, for instance, has been accused of inappropriately touching MTV host Hilarie Burton, according to USA Today. He apologized to Burton for his behavior.

Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Andy Dick, and Brett Ratner, among others, have joined a list of the accused. Some of the accused, like film director James Toback, are facing a long line of reported victims, pointing to a pervasive culture in Hollywood of looking the other way.

Now as the American public shakes their heads — not surprised at sexual harassment in Hollywood, but perhaps surprised by how widespread it is — Weinstein may be the first to go behind bars to face the consequences of his alleged actions. According to CNN, the New York Police Department is quickly gathering what may be enough evidence to soon arrest Weinstein based on the latest accusation against him.

Actress Paz de la Huerta of “Boardwalk Empire” and “A Walk to Remember” fame contacted the NYPD last week to claim that she’d been raped twice by Weinstein in 2010. She is one of over 60 women who has now accused Weinstein.

"This is the strongest case we've had that fits within the statute of limitations," CNN’s source at NYPD told them, adding that de la Huerta showed the "ability to articulate each movement of the crime, where she was, where this happened."

De la Huerta said she only shared what happened to her with her closest confidants at the time but recently decided to go public, explaining, "I think he's done it to too many women, and he's gotten away with it for too many years. It would be nice to know justice exists."

“We have an actual case here,” shared NYPD Deputy Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce, according to Reuters, adding that, “we have to move forward gathering evidence.”

What do you think of this? In other trending news, a mainstream media writer is getting hit with a backlash after he chose to publicly insult White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ physical appearance.

Next: Mainstream Media Outlet Gets Major Backlash After Attacking Sarah Sanders' Personal AppearanceNov 03, 2017