A former political contributor for Fox News, Scottie Nell Hughes, has filed a lawsuit against Fox News. On Monday, Hughes accused the network of retaliating against her after she accused an anchor of raping her.
Hughes says Charles Payne raped her in July of 2013. She says she was also forced to remain in a sexual relationship with Payne afterward.
“Hughes alleges that she was forced to remain in a sexual relationship with Payne and received more appearances on Fox News and Fox Business during it. But Hughes said after she ended the relationship with Payne she was blacklisted by the network,” according to The Hill.
Hughes even opened up about the situation. She said she feels she was raped a second time by the network.
“In July of 2013, I was raped by Charles Payne. In July of 2017, I was raped again by Fox News. Since then, I have been living an absolute hell,” Hughes told The Times.
Executives have called it a publicity stunt by Hughes and say her allegations have absolutely no merit. They have said they will vigorously defend themselves.
"What is most important to me is that justice will prevent other women from going through the nightmare I’m now living," Hughes said.
What do you think? Do you think it was an affair or did he rape her? Let us know your comments on our Facebook page. Also, read our breaking news article about the hall of famer who just died from throat cancer.