Entire Arizona Family of 4 Found Dead in a Cabin, Police Reveal Heartbreaking Reason Why

america
January 03, 2018Jan 03, 2018

A truly tragic situation has just unfolded after police discovered an entire family of four that had passed away in a cabin they were staying at in Arizona. The heartbreaking discovery came on New Year's Day.

According to Fox News, authorities received an initial call around 12:26 p.m. from a friend of the family who said relatives had been trying to contact the Capitanos "for a few days with no success" and had become concerned and wanted a welfare check.

When the officer arrived at the cabin, he noticed a strong odor of fas coming from the house. The fire department was called to the scene and found the Capitanos inside. It seems they passed away from a possible carbon monoxide leak.

"We believe possibly carbon monoxide poisoning malfunction in the heater or any other gas appliance in the residence. We have not determined what that was exactly yet," Jon Paxton of the Coconino County Sheriff's Office told FOX10 Phoenix.

https://twitter.com/infowe/status/948362361403928576

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/948377128583815170

https://twitter.com/SusieBlackmon/status/948588770743476224

Since the discovery, contract crews were called to the scene to inspect the cabin. Officials have revealed that workers determined there to be a significant failure in the cabin's heating system, leading to the toxic fumes.

"He loved his family, he loved his children, just a great example to follow," Daniel Matlock told FOX10 about his friend, Anthony.

What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts. Also, be sure to read our breaking news article about a deadly recall affecting young girls and teens. If you have a daughter or know a young girl, please protect them.

Next: Claire's Issues Massive Recall to Young Girls and Teens After Dreadful DiscoveryDec 28, 2017