It is no secret that the media is continuously pushing liberal values into the minds of younger generations. The majority of mainstream media consists of a liberal agenda, and multiple television series glamorize liberal views, including sex outside of marriage, homosexuality, and feminism, to name a few.
Earlier this year, a Netflix series meant to “inspire young women” sparked controversy after mocking Christian values. Now, a Disney-owned television channel is in the midst of a controversy following the release of Freeform’s (previously ABC Family) new teen series, “The Bold Type,” for mocking President Donald Trump in their newest episode.
“The Bold Type” follows three young and successful women working for “Scarlet Magazine,” which is actually based off of the women from “Cosmopolitan” magazine. The magazine itself is very feministic, encouraging women empowerment with extreme actions.
In the episode aired on August 29th, controversy arose when characters in the show took a shot at Trump multiple times, during the episode’s storyline of Trump visiting New York City. See the list of how they mocked the president in the show below, which is a condensed version of the original list provided by Newsbusters.
1. One of the main characters sarcastically insisted Trump “lives in Mar-a-Lago,” referring to the left’s frustration of the president traveling to Mar-a-Lago for vacations and work-related events since being in office.
2. Another character made a reference to Elizabeth Warren’s famous “Nevertheless she persisted" line.
3. Protesters are heard outside of a New York Building chanting and screaming, “No more Trump! No more Trump!”
4. One of the characters compared Trump to a “small, orange blur.”
5. When two of the characters were playing a drinking game, they had to take a shot of alcohol when they said "Trump," which was considered the "no-no" word.
The major issue with conservatives: this show is targeting a teen audience, providing extreme adult content and encouraging younger generations to have no respect for our president. What do you think about this? Share your thoughts in our Facebook comments.
In other political news, John McCain’s office recently released a statement following his chemotherapy. Read the details here.