After Several Explosive Leaks, White House Announces Major Change Moving Forward

politics
January 04, 2018Jan 04, 2018

Over the last several days, rumors have been stirring on Capitol Hill regarding a forthcoming book. The book, written by Michael Wolff, reportedly highlights some damaging alleged insider details revolving around the White House, specifically the West Wing.

According to CBS News, Wolff wrote the book after conducting several interviews with staffers working with the Trump campaign and in the West Wing. On Wednesday, Press Secretary Sanders said that there had been at least a dozen interactions between White House staffers and the author.

Sanders said that the interviews took place per Steve Bannon’s request. The White House denied that the book was accurate and said that Bannon was extremely out of line.

According to NBC News, the book includes Bannon calling the Trump administration “treasonous” and “unpatriotic” because of alleged meetings between campaign officials and a Russian lawyer. It also included reportedly exaggerated and false statements about the president.

After the news about the book emerged, President Trump slammed Bannon for his statements. President Trump said that Bannon “spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media making himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well.”

On Wednesday, a Trump attorney reportedly threatened legal action against Bannon. The accusation was that Bannon had violated his non-disparagement and written confidentiality agreements.

Now, the White House is taking more extreme action. On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders made an important announcement regarding policy in the White House.

She said, “The security and integrity of the technology systems at the White House is a top priority for the Trump administration. Therefore, starting next week the use of all personal devices for both guests and staff will no longer be allowed in the West Wing.”

She continued, “Staff will be able to conduct business on their government-issued devices and continue working hard on behalf of the American people.”

According to CBS, the Obama administration had previously banned personal devices from the Roosevelt Room. Now, personal devices will not be allowed in the entire West Wing.

What do you think about this? Was this a good move for the Trump administration? Let us know what you think! In other recent news, a prominent Christian couple is pleading for prayers for their 2 children who are fighting for their lives in the hospital.

Next: Major Update on Christian Leader Whose Kids Were Fighting for Lives in HospitalJan 03, 2018