Jordan DeRosier, mother to two beautiful boys, tragically lost one of her son’s on July 3rd, 2017. He was only 7 months old and passed away from an accidental tragedy involving a common, children’s item.
After her son’s death, she issued a very important warning to other families with young children in a heartbreaking Facebook post. According to her post, people originally blamed vaccines (rising controversial issue) for her son’s death, but she quickly shut that down.
She said, “To those who keep commenting and messaging trying to blame vaccines for our sons death- stop. Initially I had not wanted to explain the detailed circumstances of his death because of my guilt and the fear of condemnation from others. But I will not allow anyone to try and place blame where it does not belong.”
She continues by revealing what actually caused his death, “He was last laid down to bed with this blanket made by his great-great grandmother, and one other blanket, a grey one he had been attached to since birth. They took the grey one he had been found with his head in. He had pulled it through the crib rails somehow and gotten himself stuck in it. You never think it will happen to you. You never think it will be your baby. Please do not put your babies to bed with a blanket. Please."
"He was 7 months old, I thought because he was crawling, standing on his own, and climbing, that he would be fine with a blanket. This is the face of immense, unfathomable grief, the face of longing, of heartbreak, of self inflicted GUILT. I will NEVER stop feeling responsible. I will relive this for the rest of my life knowing EXACTLY what I could have done differently. Please learn from my world shattering mistake.”
Her warning has fortunately been heard. The post went viral, which is currently at over 21,000 reactions and 17,000 shares of July 7th of 2017. Various news outlets have also picked up her heartbreaking story.
Please join us in prayer for this family during this difficult time. May God give them peace and comfort. Share this important information to help prevent future tragedies. Thank you!