Preschool Under Fire After 3-Year-Old Boy Died From Eating School Lunch

america
November 09, 2017Nov 09, 2017

A pre-K school in Harlem is now under fire for a tragedy that took place there. Last Friday, 3-year-old Elijah Silvera died under the school's watch. 

Elijah had a dairy allergy. While at school, he was reportedly given a grilled cheese sandwich to eat for lunch. After eating it, the young boy went into anaphylactic shock. 

The event took place at the Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services. After the young boy went into shock, he was rushed to the Harlem Hospital. Sadly, it was too late. 

Now, the school is being shut down for investigation. The city health department made a statement about the situation. 

They said, "There is nothing more important than the safety of our children and we are deeply saddened by this tragedy. We will get to the bottom of what happened here."

The school shut in order to follow their safety plan. Additionally, they failed to "adequately supervise a child," a violation of the city's health code. 

Elijah's family spoke out about the incident. They started a GoFundMe page in order to raise money for funeral expenses. 

They said, "Our family is only beginning the long and painful process of adjusting to a world that does not include Elijah in it. As we ease into this unthinkable reality and say goodbye to our sweet, joyful Elijah- and our hopes and dreams for all he would become- we thank you for your support."

Thus far, no information has been given about what will happen to the school or to the person responsible for giving Elijah the cheese sandwich.

Please be praying for Elijah's family as they endure this difficult loss. Share your prayers on Facebook. In other news, Carrie Underwood just delivered a tear-jerking performance in honor of the victims of the Vegas shooting.

Next: Watch: Carrie Underwood Sings Tear-Jerking Hymn for Victims of Recent ShootingsNov 09, 2017