Friday, September 22nd marks the first day of Fall for 2017. Although it may be a tough transition for some to see those summer days fade away, as Christians, we know that God places significant value on “seasons.”
Fall often has a reputation for being known as the “season of changes,” due to all of the physical changes taking place at this time of year—the leaves change colors and fall to the ground, temperatures begin to cool down, and we enter the official holiday season with the upcoming excitement for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Whether you already miss summertime or are prepared for the next season, the Bible holds significant messages and reminders about change and seasons. Below are five inspiring bible verses on change to celebrate the first day of Fall.
1. Ecclesiastes 3:1—There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.
As you face changes this Fall (figuratively or literally), it’s important to remember that every activity in your life has a purpose according to God’s plan. During “unwanted” or difficult seasons, we sometimes forget this, but even your toughest moments play a role in God’s Masterplan.
2. Jeremiah 29:11—”For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
In relation to the verse in Ecclesiastes, we know that God’s plans for us are good. Whether we see the light at the end of the tunnel or not, whether we understand them or not, we can have peace and comfort knowing the light is indeed there.
3. 2 Samuel 14:20—In order to change the course of things your servant Joab did this. But my Lord has wisdom like the wisdom of the angel of God to know all things that are on the earth.
In the midst of change, we can fully rely on our God. He is all knowing and all powerful, and has full control over the circumstances in our life. When we don’t know what’s going on around us or within us, He does.
4. Joshua 1:9—“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
When we are struggling with change, God is with us. We have no reason to fear the changes in our life because we can rest in the fact that no matter where we are at, God is present.
5. Hebrews 13:18—Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
This is arguably the most important verse in the bible about change. When we change or our circumstances change, Jesus doesn’t. Regardless, Jesus still loves you and will never leave you or forsake you.
Which verse is your favorite? Share your thoughts in our Facebook comments. If you love these inspiring bible verses, please share this story on your Facebook page to spread the Word of God!
In breaking news, an actress sadly died from an accidental overdose at a young age. Please keep her friends, family, and loved ones in your prayers today. Thank you!