Inner peace. It's what we all want, isn't it? And often the ways we try to get it (friends, approval, success, things) don't give it to us.
But God is the true source of peace--meaning, He's the service provider. Like, if you were wanting to buy a car, you'd go to a car dealer. Well, God is the Peace Dealer. So when you need peace, go to Him!
Here's 10 verses to help you give you inner peace today!
1) "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." (Jesus, John 14:27)
2) "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done.Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
3) "Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us." (Romans 5:1)
4) "May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace." (Numbers 6:25,26)
5) "So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace." (Romans 8:6)
6) "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
7) "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
8) "So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)
9) "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" (Galatians 5:22,23)
10) "Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." (Psalm 16:5-8)
If these verses gave you peace, share them with others! Or personally send them to a friend who you know is going through a tough time. They will so appreciate it!